It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Damien's dirty little secret

Okay, confession time. I am supposed to be writing a book. I have been doing all sorts of research on non-mainstream religious/irreligious belief systems for a class, and I had promised my publisher that I could easily turn the lectures into a book. And I had a draft of it done and thought things were rolling merrily along. What with the holidays and the weather -- have you seen the Illinnoying weather reports lately? -- I have lost momentum. The body-in-motion-remains-in-motion and body-at-rest-remains-at-rest thing is working against me. And when I get my body in motion, I would rather play with things like blogging instead of the slogging demanded to get a book polished up and in shape for publication. So I have been having fun here instead of doing the work I am supposed to be doing.

I know, as dirty little secrets go, it's not very exciting. But it is mine own, my precious.

Anyway, I should be writing on the book instead of sharing this with you.

Don't you feel guilty for distracting me? As I frequently point out, it's not my fault I'm not accountable.

Or did Chris Christie say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment