It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

More on Trail Life: Not for Jews either

A few days ago, I posted about an encounter with a father and son from Trail Life, the Boy Scout alternative group founded as a refuge for those who did not want to associate with gays.

Now it seems it is also a refuge for those who prefer not to associate with Jews. Click on the statement to embiggen it, if necessary.


I note that the only justification is that other groups do this -- which is to say, their sister group. So only them, essentially.

Well, Daniel loves to camp out. Me? I just prefer to camp it up. Which would perhaps confuse Trail Life, since Daniel was raised Jewish and would be ineligible, whereas I was not only a Christian but a Christian seminarian.

At any rate, no one says they have to accept Jewish leadership. Any more than I have to accept people who claim to be Christians as my governmental leaders.
 

1 comment: