It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Trail Life

If you are not familiar with Trail Life, checck out their website.They are one of the groups founded after the Boy Scouts agreed to accept gay members.

While I was visiting a friend in Texas today, a young man and his son showed up to sell car air fresheners as a fund-raising project for this group. Both the man and his son wore the green Trail Life uniform, which seemed a bit odd because the colors (chosen to distinguish them clearly from the khaki and tan Boy Scouts) are actually the colors associated with the Girl Scouts.

Both the man and his son were very pleasant. After my friend bought an air freshener -- in the shape of Texas, needless to say, and costing six bucks -- and was assured that she would receive it in about a month, we wished them good luck and they left.

My friend turned to me and said, "What a cute little girl."

I explained that the cute little girl was a cute little boy and told her the background of the group.

What can I say. I see many challenges ahead for Trail Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment