It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A bit of a kerfuffle

Without going into unnecessary details, I want to tell you that a slight problem has arisen here at Horton University. As a result, and under some pressure from the administration, I will be assuming a temporary position as house director for one of the fraternities on campus. No, no, nothing like the problem at Oklahoma, thanks be to WhomEver. But it means that in addition to my usual academic load, I will have to devote significant time to the fraternity this spring, especially helping them organize and run a cultural project in order to keep up their certification. Personally, I think they are certifiable by most standards, but apparently not in this case.

At any rate, this coincides with Daniel flying to England to cover a class for a former colleague while she deals with some complications arising from her pregnancy. Things are fine, but she will be confined to her home for the duration and Daniel has agreed to fill in for her as lecturer at some college in Durham. This works out in some ways, because my duties with the fraternity require me to spend several nights each week in residence. It means, however, that I will have to go take care of the cats at our apartment daily and yada yada yada I said I would not go into unnecessary details and here I am rambling on and on.

Bottom line: This blog will be quite irregular for the next few months. Hope you all manage to find enough amusing queer things to keep you occupied in the meantime. I hope to be back by summer.


Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. As they say here in Spain, Uff! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one will be waiting patiently. Good luck until you return.

    ReplyDelete