It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Imagine that!

A YOUNG woman is auctioning her imaginary friend on eBay on the advice of her psychiatrist. 
 
In the ad, 22-year-old Londoner Georgia Horrocks explains that her invisible buddy, Bernard, manifested “at a time of emotional instability” during her childhood. 

Scroll down to see a photo of Georgia’s imaginary friend. 
 
Georgia posted this photo of herself and Bernard on eBay. 
Imaginary friends have allegedly been known to fetch thousands of dollars online.

“My psychiatrist recommended that I say goodbye to Bernard, and although I would like some financial compensation it is more important that he finds a good home,” Ms Horrocks writes.

She hoped the “active” and “mischievous” Bernard would fetch as much as £200 (AUD 367) [about US$325], adding that he “will be sent via imagination to the winning bidder”
------------------------------------
Damien's note: If anyone is interested, I have some actual friends I am willing to give you for free if you will take them off my hands.

PS -- I know some therapists read this blog. Anyone care to comment?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what happens if it is not sold?
    What if the buyer wants his money back?

    ReplyDelete