It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

TMI QUESTIONS: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY 2014!

I haven't done any of these, but Sean (The Jeep Guy) posts them periodically and I thought I'd jump in.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
1. Do you have any Irish in you? Would you like some?

Although my own family roots are ultimately Welsh, the family moved into England and Ireland many centuries ago. So I imagine I have some Irish DNA in there, along with the Cherokee and other assorted folks.
2. Do you wear green?

I wear green for St. Patrick's Day. When I was growing up in the Bible Belt, there was a tradition of pinching anyone who didn't have on green for St. Patrick. Since everyone was terribly, terribly, terrfyingly Protestant, I am not sure how this custom arose or hung on.
3. Green beer is... 
disgusting. So is dying the river green in Chicago or making green mashed potatoes.
4. Irish coffee is... 
nice, but no longer an option for health reasons.
5. Have you worn a kilt?  
No, but for years in the seminary I wore long robes. I have considered getting a kilt. In all humility, I think I have the legs to carry it off.



6. Have you gone to the NY St. Patrick's Day Parade?
 
No, and I have no interest, even if they were to become gay-friendly.
7. St. Patrick chased the snakes out of Ireland with a stick. How would you handle snakes? 
Real snakes? I would take a hoe to them. That's what we did when I was growing up. Metaphorical snakes? Depends ...

BONUS
I'm 100% Irish. Would you kiss me?
I would kiss you even if you weren't.

2 comments:

  1. We had that pinching thing, too, in Conroe. Weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually eat green food - artificial or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete