It's a strange, strange world we live in, Master Jack.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

Daniel is in England, the Kappas are probably still sleeping off their hangovers and I am waking up after attending John Smoake's lovely Easter vigil last night. His deacon did a fine job with the Exultet, by the way, which is one mark of a good service IMHO.


This morning I am meeting up with Daniel's sister Lainey at the Ca du Canard Bizarre for Easter Brunch. I suppose for Lainey it is a mid-Passover brunch, but whatever. 

For a moment I was wondering what Patriarch George Basilarion and his Honorians are up to, but then I remembered they keep Easter next week. Poor George! He has never quite recovered from becoming Patriarch, and his aunt, the Dowager Patriarcha, is enveloped in permanent umbrage. Jackson, his husband, is still very amused.

Anyway, I intend to relax and get ready for the return of the barbarians to the Kappa House and to campus. So although there are lots of queer Easter traditions around the world, I think I will let them rest.

Happy days!

2 comments:

  1. Happy easter....... Must say its the very first time in 50 years that ive actually said it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that was the first time in 50 years, I am truly honored. Best to you and Chris!

      Delete